Gage and I headed to San Diego to fish on the Pacific Queen on Eddie Kim's charter. We got there in time for the bluefin bite to die (it went off from Santa Cruz to Cordell instead) and the wind to come up. The boat still finished with 243 yellowtail and a bruised and tired group of fishermen. In the meantime there were a few reports I missed. Here's one from Ron Johnson:
"My wife's cousin Sue Munson is visiting from Minnesota aka ice fisher person caught her first salmon today 21lbs." It's almost as cold as ice fishing. Nice fish, SueHe further reports from yesterday, "And today Sue got her first Halibut on the first Jig drop..... 45 seconds in she says I think I have one on. The morning lasted 'til the wind blew us off. Picked up 3 in an hour or so. I'm sure you have heard the salmon quota has been met and our season closes Sunday.😥" Yes, last chance for salmon here. The weather forecast is crappy but there may be a morning window. Nice work on the halibut. Also yesterday:





No comments:
Post a Comment