Monday, October 14, 2024

 

   Kelley Roy sent over this picture with a brief report from the past weekend: "Willy great day today on a great ocean!!
30 good grade rocks😳
First time for me fishing the deep water - nonstop action.
The pic will show our location


Best Regards
Kelley
" The deep water is what's open for rockfish until the end of this month. Shallow water will reopen in November. It looks like Kelley likes the deep, and why not? Catching is fun. As there aren't too many areas of the proper depth with good rockfish, I'd guess Kelley was at Rittenburg or the Football. I kinda wish he sent a bluefin picture too. Maybe next time. Nice work, Kelley and crew.
 

   I didn't receive any info with this photo, so against my better judgment I'm going to guess that Tom Carter caught a couple of nice halibut ghis weekend.  It seems likelier from the size of the fish thar Jerrie Carter would have caught them, but as she isn't pictured I'll have to assume that she did not.  We can also assume that even though it is mid-October the halibut fishing and catching isn't over. Thursday, Gage and Nolan Lessard caught five keepers (releasing one) out of 15 bites in an hour of fishing the bar. Probably Tom's fish were near there too.

 A report from Nate Baker from a few weeks back: "
Hey Gage these are pictures Chris wanted me to  end in for your page. September 14 out north of hog island. 44" Halibut 40lbs."  Nice fish sir. 


No comments: