Monday, December 12, 2022

    The crab keep coming, but not many of them. The weather hasn't been the best, so most of the crabbing has been from the shore with varying success. By varying, I mean a few guys got some and the others were jealous. The boaters did a little better but had to work hard for them, trading gasoline for crab. With gas prices dropping the trade is getting slightly better. The guys going to the outer bay have been getting a few but it ain't great.

      The rockfish have been biting in the colder water. Clint hasn't been the only guy catching lingcod, just the only guy catching huge ones. Gage, Alec and I caught three keeper lingcod and two cabezon last Wednesday after trying for bluefin (for nada) earlier in the day. The biters were a welcome distraction. We  threw back twice as many shorties as we kept in the hour we fished at Tomales Point. They were liking the Pitbull swimbaits. 

   

3 comments:

Harvest Time said...

Ever since you posted that NOAA weather buoy pic of a BFT I have been checking it regularly. Those pics have become my social media. Gobs of seals there this morning, must be food in the water.

Willy Vogler said...

The food is there. You gotta let go of the buoy stalking, though, as it will suck your time. Don't ask me how I know. Plus, get off of the feed as you're slowing down my loading time.

rokefin said...

Two of the wittiest guys I know :)