Thursday, May 12, 2022

    So, after my tears had been wiped from my eyes and the sound of my sobbing died down, I was able to hear about a few fish actually being caught here. A fisherman yesterday caught a halibut on the bar and his friend caught a limit of salmon between Tomales Point and Elephant Rock in 200-ish feet of water, 100 feet down. That feat could not be duplicated today by the fisherman, but he did have an excellent whale show at Tomales Pojnt. The greys have been relatively thick just inside the Point and off Dillon Beach in the last week or so. Some schools of bait migrating into the bay (had some big schools on the meter today across from the Boathouse) so maybe fish to come. No fish for me today at the low (54º to 55º water temps) from the Boathouse (either side of the bay) to the bar. Your results may vary, and I hope they do. People catching fish get me on the water longer, and then we all catch fish. Let's all be winners!