Wednesday, October 28, 2020

     Swampy heard my whining and came out for a visit. So far, one halibut. He's not picked up my habit of whining, nor should he, as one halibut is pretty good right now. I did hear of a couple on the bar a few days back, but this time of year any forays to the bar should be done with extreme trepidation, as we are in the season for sudden huge waves (Actually, the Tomales Bay bar is always ready for sudden huge waves, but even more so now). The rockfish bite has been a bit slowish which is not uncommon this time of year and especially not rare when the weather is this calm. Gage was able to knock out a limit of rockfish and lingcod today in front of Bird but the rockfish weren't quick to stick to the hooks. He limited on lings in 5 minutes, though. Apparently the large swimbaits from Pitbull work well. 

   Here's what's keeping your halibut and salmon safe from Eddie Kim. "Landed my biggest yet at 225lbs & 90lbs
Both caught on the Flat Fall" He is coming by tomorrow to drop off some pity bluefin to those of us that couldn't catch one on our trip. I'd be offended but then I wouldn't get any bluefin. So I'm shutting the heck up and accepting the pity fish. I'm pretty sure the pity will wash off with a little wasabi and soy sauce. Like the Temptations said, I ain't too proud to beg. 


5 comments:

rokefin said...

What time should I be there with my ice chest;)

stoker said...

the Poke,spicy tuna and sashimi is heavenly!We just got back from Point Lomo and got a 90 pounder two weeks ago on 2 day trip Pacific Dawn.Those two fish will fill a couple freezers and then some!

Swampy said...

Nice job on the tuna Eddie! Looks like you caught the long range bug.

Albiehooker said...

I limited on halibut for 2on Sunday. I caught 4 for 2 on Wednesday after limiting out on rockfish and lings really quickly. Both days my big butt went 17lbs. Wednesdays fish was 3 inches shorter but the same weight. All the halibut came on the outgoing just south of marker 3 in about 10 to 20ft.

Thumbs said...

I've heard many complain about Mr. Kim's fishing, not only is he very generous, he has graced our craft with the will to catch! Well Done! And thank you for the belly piece! I enjoyed with some friends...