Wednesday, August 7, 2019

    Here's a picture from last weekend, sent in by Bill Pacuilla: "I took my wife Lori fishing on Tomales for the first time Saturday.  She caught a nice halibut and striper.  I was skunked." Looks like she had a good time, Bill. You don't need to catch if she is.

    Jesse Keilman gave the salmon a good try on Monday but ended up fishing for stripers and halibut yesterday. It looks like he did okay. I didn't catch his fishing buddy's name but anybody who exaggerates the size of his fish while he's still holding the fish is okay by me.
     This would be one of the better ones from the bay today, weighing in at 15 pounds.

     Jesse Keilman and crew had to go home today but before they did they caught a few more fish, including a 28 pound halibut. That would be the largest one landed today and it was caught within sight of the pier. 
    On the salmon front, aside from rumors of a few scattered fish caught nearby, I did hear that there's a big school of salmon that the commercial fleet has been working near Cordell. There's a lot of fish being caught but it's over a 20 mile run. I'd do it in a heartbeat for tuna but I'm less excited about a salmon run that far. Well, good weather is forecast for this weekend, so I guess if someone wants to get a little tuna run practice, here's your chance.


No comments: