Sunday, May 28, 2017

    Let's change the subject.
    Zack the fishcounter (not his actual surname) showed me this picture today and I had to pass it on. This Pacific Bonito was caught yesterday by a salmon fisherman (notice the head by the bonito's tail) about 20 miles out of the Golden Gate in 53º water. Does it mean albacore are on the way? Or here? I hope so.

    These guys picked up some nice lingcod yesterday around Elephant Rock and down by Point Reyes. They even released a few keepers. Aside from a 7-8 pound halibut from Hog Island, those were all the fish that I'm aware of.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fished all day Friday by hog island to the mouth for butts with Jack smelts for nada

Scott from auburn

Anonymous said...

They sure fight hard! When I lived in so cal we considered bonies to be trash fish, but if I caught one here and now I'd bleed it out and ice it down and figure out how to prepare it.

Anonymous said...

Wow a Bonita and a salmon caught on the same trip! I wouldn't believe it with out the picture.