Monday, November 5, 2018


   The Nursements and crew got to witness one of Mother Nature's killing machines doing what they do best on Sunday as the "Man in the Gray Suit" performed his duties on a sea lion off of Bird Rock. "Uncle Bigbite" never came out of the water but they could see his shadow cruising around, waiting to make sure dinner wouldn't flop around too much. I'd like to think that it was the sea lion that was trying to eat my salmon a few months back. I'm sure it wasn't, but I like thinking that it might be. Unless you're a surfer, great white sharks (and sunfish) do the lords work, eating the things that bother you when you're fishing. If you're a surfer that fishes for salmon, I guess you may have some really complicated feelings about the mighty whitey.

   The final report on Ten Mile crabbing from Team Nursement:"Even with crappy seas our haul was good and tasty!!!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeing that sanguine sight makes it all worth it.

Willy Vogler said...

I had to look that up. Well done, sir.

Wrybread said...

Holy crap! Makes me feel just a bit better about the abalone closure.

rokefin said...

Nice HT

Sanguine
1 optimistic or positive, especially in an apparent bad or difficult situation.

2 blood-red noun- a blood red color.


You have to have a pretty big tackle box to carry those words around. Remember HT, there's a lot of googones trolling this board including me.

Awesome witness of the food chain at work - including that nice haul of crabs!

JRS said...

Clearly exsanguinated.

One more said...

Sangarita!

Thumbs said...

I've been finding seal parts all over the beach for weeks, but to see the red in the water has interest for sure