Friday, June 12, 2015

    Tom Cook had the last fish on the bragging board last year and now he's got the first fish over 20 pounds this year. This 23 pound halibut was caught off of McClure's Beach in 30ish feet of water on a drifted blue label herring. He limited on lingcod as well. 
    Slooooow on the salmon front but there's fish north and south of us, so no matter which way the fish are headed a few ought to cruise by here. There's some fair numbers of Dungeness starting to come in from the ocean mostly, but a few in bay, too. The halibut at Hog Island seem to be taking a break and the bar is cool and murky but could start with some fish soon. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to boast but I did pick up the 28# Halibut off bird rock on June 1st (along with the 2 salmon off McLure's)
If out tell me how to post a photo I'll do it...

Djubaya

Anonymous said...

Sorry I meant to say 'if you tell me how to post a photo'
Dj

Landing team said...

Send photos and details to lawsonslanding@gmail.com and I'll post them. Or, stop by the bait shop and we'll get you on the bragging board.