Sunday, August 25, 2013

Lance Seppi took Blair Farnham and Gage Vogler fishing today. They left at 6:30 and were back by 9:45 with their six fish, four of which went 27, 28, 29, and 30 pounds. It looked like it was going to be a great day for everyone. But, it wasn't. It was pretty slow for most everybody else, with numbers here in the zero to two range. An exception was Alec Bennett who reported that team Bennett boated four by 10:30. These fish came from the same Bird-to-McClure's area, where the weather was so calm today that you could hear the gentle thud of drifting boats bouncing off each other for several hundred yards. The bar held some halibut again, although they were outnumbered by the spiny dogfish by about three to one. A few other halibut came from McClure's and Ten Mile.
This is a very important fish, the man's first salmon. May there be many more, and may your addiction be milder than mine.


3 comments:

Tomales Outlaw said...

Wanted to thank you guys for having everything a guy would need to fish out there. Any tips for getting baits in the bay? My traps have come up empty and all I get on my sabikis are huge smelt. I would love to find some shiners.

Outlaw

Willy Vogler said...

I don't really know about anywhere else, but I do know that there are shiners on our pier that can be caught at or around slack tide. My trap is only catching crab, but the sabikis are working. Also, I caught some medium-sized smelt just off the kelp bed south of the Trees on Thursday.

Tomales Outlaw said...

Thank you again for the help.

Outlaw