Friday, September 25, 2026

 

     Swampy sent over this report Wednesday evening: "Evening,

Came down for a quick trip, I was net boy today. Shiner and big eye perch bait worked great at the bar till it got too nasty. Ended up with 3 to 18 pounds for a good day.



Looking for at least one more trip before duck season.

Swampy" I had always been told that those walleye perch were no good for halibut but my experience has been similar to yours, Swampy. I just wish that I could catch them reliably. Actually, I wish that I could catch any bait reliably. Nice work on the fish (including the baitfish). Those halibut will likely stick around a bit longer. I didn't hear of any other fish but that could be due more to a lack of fishermen than a lack of fish. 

4 comments:

Albiehooker said...

I've never had luck with the rainbow perch, have you guys?

Willy said...

Only tried them a couple times for no bites.

wingle said...

I'm impressed by Swampy's results with perch but I think he's the exception not the rule. The lingcod don't even seem to care for perch very much.

Albiehooker said...

I've had good luck with shiners. Even the big 10 inch ones