Thursday, September 7, 2017

     These are the first albacore landed at Lawson's Landing in a few years. Thankfully, Gage caught a couple of them, so maybe he will relax about going tuna fishing (not likely). We ran to 37º 23' by 123º 03' and did our fishing within a few miles of that point. We were planning on going to 37º 11' by 123º 03' but as we were running down we saw a guy in a Cabo boat hook up. I realized that we were in a Cabo, too, so we had better fish there. We had two singles and two doubles, the first single being unintentionally released by my awesome gaff skills. Don't worry, I got more practice. It did put Gage on his keister when the line parted. Most of the fish bit zucchini/Mexican flag colors at 6 knots. I have a feeling that the guys that went further south did better but we didn't want to leave fish to look. It was a 170 mile round trip, launched at 5:45, returned at 7:00, and if I'm lucky, in bed in 20 more minutes. On the local front, I heard of one boat landing a limit of 18 pound salmon on the north end of  Ten Mile, although 60 feet of water at Tomales Point looked pretty good to me on the way in, lots of pelicans diving in groups and singles over a pretty wide area.

5 comments:

Tomales Outlaw said...

Well deserved, well earned, well done.

Outlaw

Unknown said...

So nice!!!

Wiley said...

I tried mapping your coordinates and ended up off the coast of China. Wow you guys really went for it

Willy Vogler said...

Try N 37º 11' by W 123º 03'. Since we can't carry enough gas for a China trip we usually don't get that specific on our numbers. That spot is fished out, anyhow.

P.costa said...

I'll be in on some of that albie action whenever nate gets done with my rig. Can't wait we'll see you soon!