Thursday, August 3, 2017

    The salmon bite was pretty good for the guys I spoke to. Not so much for me, but most everyone else. Most of the action was on-again, off-again, and centered within a mile or two around Elephant. There were some fish on Ten Mile too, but those fish seem to be moving north each day. Here's a photo of a Ten Mile fish, with Alec Bennett demonstrating how to find out what they've been feeding on:
    Or maybe he's trying to see if its gums are black or white? This should be a "caption this photo" contest. 


   Everyone else is catching salmon, so what do we do? Clobber the halibut. I'll try the salmon again, later. I guess this is as good a time as any to announce the Merle Lawson Salmon Derby on the 26th of August, right around the corner. As you can see, I'm not a serious contender.

2 comments:

ab fish said...

TUNA!!!

Wrybread said...

I'm going with "hurry up and take the pic, this thing is heavy!"