Monday, July 3, 2017

Strong southern winds have been keeping most off the water. The wind will likely continue. Many that went out came back skunked. I would recommend staying on the shore for a couple of days if the conditions don't improve. However, that's not to say that everyone who braved the weather went unrewarded. Yesterday, a few boats came back with halibut. The first picture below is of Tim Lewis of Roseville with a 22 lb halibut. That halibut and the other pictured both came from around Hog. The 18 lb striper pictured also came from back there. More halibut and stripers were hooked and sighted by those I spoke to.



I also have confirmed salmon in decent numbers. The picture below is from David Jones and friends of Sacramento. They caught a total of four fish today, the largest of which weighed in at 20 lbs. They were trolling in 35-40 ft of water off of Elephant. Three, including the largest, pictured, came on a Watermelon Apex. 

Gage told me he spoke to a guy who said his crew produced eight salmon mooching off of Abbot's. I have yet to get a picture, but when I do, I'll show it here. 

Again, to recap, the weather is bad. You probably should not go out. But be ready to go when the weather lies down.