Sunday, June 19, 2016


    The halibut fishing in the bay was a bust for most of the fishermen I talked to yesterday. Lots of boats, lots of bait, not so much for the halibut. I heard of a possible white sea bass caught by Hog yesterday, but rumors were as good as it got. These fellas above decided to got out into the ocean and try for salmon. At least they wouldn't be crowded, they thought. It turned out that they couldn't relax because the salmon kept biting. How annoying! Two boats caught six salmon out in 200' of water, 150' down. 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Do we know where the salmon were caught ?

Rokefin said...

Prettiest picture I have seen this year! Yea, where were they caught? North by the river?

Willy Vogler said...

I was told that they came from straight out off of Tomales Point in 200' of water, 150' OTW. A fellow ran out to that general area at noon and never got bit, so I'm guessing you need to be in the area, then find the bait.

Tomales Outlaw said...

I'm starting to get just a little bit excited. Just a little.

Outlaw

Willy Vogler said...

It is less crowded out there.

Willy Vogler said...

It is less crowded out there.

Willy Vogler said...

Sorry, I stuttered.