Tuesday, June 14, 2016

     Here's Chuck Lackey with a nice surf striper. He writes: Thanks to a tip, I managed to get this beauty striper off the surf by the dunes on Saturday. It was hungry for an F-18 Rapala. What a blast. It felt good to have a hook up after no flatty's bit my bait all day. My co angler and good friend  Mike Wright managed to get a Halibut though. He was the one Saturday that his name wasn't mentioned. Another fun weekend at the Landing. Hooked for life and can't wait to get back down from Grass Valley. Thanks again.
     I need to find out where he got his tip from, because Gage and I whipped that water into a froth casting lures until after dark on Sunday and caught only salad. Not very good salad, either.

3 comments:

Black Flag said...

Yo Scott
Saw you Sat. Nice fishing! All that driving is paying off. I'll say hello next time.
Richard from Sac/Black Flag

Anonymous said...

Were you the guys a Mc Donald's that I met? Lost you guys after you hit the water, we found bait over at Marker "7".

Yea I hate going all that way to get skunked, traffic sucked big time going home, left about 2 pm. Good action for the 10 year old though, he is spoiled now, this was his first trip. Thinking of heading out this Saturday again.

Anonymous said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2eD9k3_DHE

Copy this link, show our day fishing, used my GoPro

-Scott