Tuesday, August 4, 2015

   This picture is from yesterday. Steve Towne had it but didn't think I should share it because Bruce Albers caught a salmon. Steve was concerned that people would get the wrong idea and think the salmon fishing was wide open. It isn't. Bruce fished with Mike Gonzales on the Marisa Kay, though, so that may explain it. I kid Bruce, of course. This is the only guy I know that fell out of the boat with a fish hooked and didn't let go of the rod. He got back in the boat and landed the salmon. He can go fishing with me any time. Not that he would...
    Today's fishing was wide open for mackerel but substantially slower for salmon. There were still a few caught, the biggest going 27.5 pounds gutted and caught by Dale Fortner on the Got One

Most salmon fishermen took home rockfish. Halibut fishing at Hog was slow but good for the one boat that I talked to that worked Ten Mile. Limits for them. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job Bruce and Mike! Glad you guys got all your lings and rock fish too!! Yes!!! I was there the day Bruce jumped in after his rod. Not only did he have the rod in his hand yelling "take my rod" as he surfaced, he caught the fish too! Took me a little time to get him in the boat though! He was a little heavier in those days. HA!! Another wonderful day at Lawson's Landing.