Thursday, May 7, 2015

It is with mixed feelings that I present Gage and his catch. I have feelings of pride, since he's my boy and I'd like to think that I taught him how. But when he caught the fish next to me and then started telling me how catch fish, it kind of made my jaw clench. I couldn't even argue, because I couldn't get a bite.  Gage caught this 7 pound striper on a black and silver pencil popper in the surf. He told me that I need to let it sit longer before I pop it, "like a minute." There's your tip of the day. The wind has been blowing too hard to do much more than surf fish but there might be a salmon window on Saturday. Crabbing is slow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like gage is making that up to inadvertently make it seem like he knows what he is talking about.
But mostly to fool you in to thinking he knows what his talking about. Most likely so his productivity will go up by taking out the competition(willy). I have used this technique often. Sounds like he is becoming more of an angler and not a fisherman who works primarily on luck. Sounds like the student has surpassed the teacher young grasshopper.

Willy Vogler said...

You may be on to something. For once, Gage is quiet...