Tuesday, April 8, 2014

While I have yet to see my first salmon of the year I have heard of many being caught over the radio. With the great weather forecast for the rest of the week I think I should probably lay eyes on a fish before the weekend, if not the end of the day. The boats are working straight out in 240 to 270 feet of water, from 30 to 150 feet down. The average is about 8 pounds but there's a few running larger. Crabbing is a bit slow but it's worth dropping a few pots in the outer bay on the way out for a crab appetizer. The water should even be pretty good for abbing. This is the best time of year to dive in the weedy spots since the weed is at a minimum.

2 comments:

Shrimp Boat said...

Yes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVC2vyVCWJI

Anonymous said...

we got 10 to 20lbs down at moss what a zoo hope bodega is cool this weekend lol