Wednesday, September 4, 2019

    Here's a couple of reports from the weekend: "I've been reading your blog with pleasure for years. Last weekend my daughter and I launched our kayak off Lawson's, and she caught her first salmon, trolling off Bird Rock. Big fun in a tiny boat!

Fred Hoerner "  That is awesome. I find it hard enough to land a fish in a larger boat. I can't imagine myself successfully doing it from a kayak. Good work, both of you.

     Kelley Roy submits:"Hello Willy
Everybody was chasing salmon on the beach so we had all the Lings to ourselves Saturday   (PT Reyes). 
Chased Salmon later with the fleet on the beach and ended with some fish, one going 22 lbs. the entire GG sport fleet was invading the beach!!
Let Doug Vincent know we caught the salmon at Costello’s sidekick Lagoon😉" For the record, that's a solid Abbott and Costello reference. Nice sized lings, boys. Check out that water behind Herman. Warm and brownish and flat. Now it's cold and clear and bumpy. It also holds far less bait. Where do they go so fast? We get a small window to fish the next couple of days but it doesn't look like we get another warm-up and schooling shallow-water fish for another week or so if the weatherman is right.

2 comments:

rokefin said...

Great pic of the Yak fishergal!! I have not seen any yaks on the outside of Tamales, see lots up at Shelter Cove. Really cool stuff!!

Never seen so much brown water as you pointed out - it was everywhere we went from Tamales to PT Reyes.

Wrybread said...

That's awesome. If I was a bucket list kind of guy, catching a salmon from a kayak would be on my bucket list.