Saturday, August 31, 2019

    Tom Carter sent me a text yesterday:"Heard you had a great day yesterday and Alec is a tuna guy now. We are trying to be salmon guys with 20 pound average fish off the beach lots of fun"I think you guys figured out how to be salmon guys. Probably has something to do with the grump on the right.

    Lou Zanardi, Steve Freeman and Glen Hakola caught these salmon to 25 pounds down on the beach. The southern end of the beach was crowded with boats from as far away as San Francisco Bay. Most of them were catching. Depth of water was pretty shallow, 30 to 60 feet. 
    No halibut pictures today but there were some caught on Ten Mile and in Tomales Bay. I even heard a tale of a 24" halibut getting caught from the beach by a guy using bacon for bait. Yes, bacon. I don't know if it was fried but I kind of doubt it.  

8 comments:

Sucka-Fish said...

Fishing was great today! Two limits 20,19,15,7 pounds. 3 shakers and a real big coho, 12 pounds my guess, amazing fight jumping all over. Maybe 100 boats at 10mile at 10am. I had a underwater camera setup for a hour. Amazing how many salmon look and leave. I saw lots down there.

JRS said...

Do you post your videos anywhere? I’d like to see it.

Sucka-Fish said...

Yeah I will try and do a simple edit of all the best clips into a few minutes. Almost certain I got a clip of a great white that will be in there. Tough guess but maybe 7-8'. Give me a week. This will be only my second YouTube video.

Harvest Time said...

Post it to youtube, call it a business, and write off your boat and all fishing expenses

Harvest Time said...

Has anyone heard about squid showing up? Where are the squid boats working? Let's catch some WSB!

JRS said...

That would be great Sucka-Fish. Can’t wait to check it out. You Tube is pretty easy to post up, even I figured it out!!

Sucka-Fish said...

Okay JRS the video is up. "Bodega Bay 10 Mile King Salmon Fishing w/ underwater" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/iB0RxQjDCfg

JRS said...

Fantastic job!! Tons of drive by’s. What a neat tool.