Tuesday, November 27, 2018

    The swell peaked at over 16 feet at Point Reyes today so I hope everybody got their shallow crab gear out of the water. If you didn't, I guess the only good news is that you don't have to go get it now. Maybe the big swell will push a few Dungeness into the bay. I poked my nose out for a quick rockcod trip yesterday and caught dinner but they weren't biting real quick, at least for me. The water was flat and the 59º temperature at the Point Reyes buoy looked kind of interesting, as this is supposed to be the time of year a few big bluefin go by. I guess I'll let 'em pass. The crabbing inside Tomales Bay has remained slow (I spoke to a gentleman on Saturday that had caught 16 in three days crabbing, 9 of them from the pier and 7 across the bay) but definitely safer than outside.

12 comments:

One more said...

Romurs of Bluefin out of Santa Cruz. The fingers near Davenport

Harvest Time said...

16'!
I'll stay here by the fire.

ab fish said...

I went to eagle lake 2 days of limits for 4 of us all fish between 20" and 24" so much fun having a screaming drag on 4 pound test! Smoker is going right now!

rokefin said...

That's some fun fishing abfish.....must have been pretty cold up there.

ab fish said...

28 was the lowest we saw but with 20 knot wind it felt like the teens but our camp fire on the beach helped.Jack too!

Harvest Time said...

Haha gentleman jack

ab fish said...

Hope everyone enjoyed the dirty crab up north. Commies get to set Friday at 6:00 am

sonomagerman said...

I wonder how many commi boats held out for the northern opener? None of the boats that have already fished can set til Jan 7th I believe

Harvest Time said...

Are the swells as bad as the noaa says? I'm getting valley fever here...again.

ab fish said...

Valley fever must be a googone thing?

rokefin said...

Indeed Abfish......if that swell is 5 feet at 15 seconds I may throw my water ski's in the boat - googones will water ski on the ocean:)

Crabkiller said...

!