Saturday, July 14, 2018


    It seems like whenever I say the bite was slow somewhere, somebody sends in photos to prove me wrong. Jeff Hunter was kind enough to send in these photos and report:"Lots of action around Hog today..mostly sharks and rays...but I was able to convince these two fish to jump in the boat, by dancing a jig in front of them. Tons of bait everywhere though too. Also an Anonymous kayaker with a nice striper.." Today I heard of quite a few halibut caught both by Hog (drifting live bait) and Marshall (trolling). Not too many big ones, but small halibut are tender. How was the salmon bite? Depends on who you asked. Many boats had none, some had one, and a few guys clobbered them ( coughGerardcough). The jellyfish were bad from 70 feet out, so most of the fish were caught pretty shallow. I heard a secondhand report that a salmon was caught in the surf on Dillon Beach. I guess the jellies weren't too bad there.

6 comments:

ab fish said...

Got a 25 pounder today! I hadn't clipped in the downrigger clip yet. It ripped the cripple chovy right out of my hand. Boxed another about 8 pounds at 18ft. On the wire. Fished on the bottom too but not as lucky. Just a dink.

Unknown said...

Do those jellies sting

Willy Vogler said...

Not on your hands. Rub your eyes, though, and it's like pepper spray. Also, be careful when urinating. Don't ask how I know.

Willy Vogler said...

Also, nice fish ab fish. Gonna give a location or let us googans guess?

ab fish said...

In the fleet off elephant. It was a real grind. Left a little early don't know if it was a late afternoon bite?

Willy Vogler said...

No, it sounded like an all day grind