Sunday, July 15, 2018


  I called out a certain someone that had done well salmon fishing yesterday. "Local Legend" Gerard Fitzgerald sent in these photos, I assume to make sure we are all aware of his prowess. It would appear that he may be almost as good a fisherman as he thinks he is. Most of yesterday's fishermen (and -women) did not do nearly as well. No comment on location or technique, but the cleaning station looks like the one at Westside, so within 20 miles of Bodega Bay, probably. Was there a place in the ocean without boats on Saturday for the top photo?

    Today's big fish was Mike McKnight's 30 pound slab which he caught at Elephant Rock on an Apex. Most of the salmon fishermen I spoke with today had about 30 pounds less of fish in the box, so an especially good job on this catch, Mike.


    Patty O'Hare made the board yesterday with a 20 pound salmon, one of four salmon caught on the Nursement's boat. They were fishing "near Bird" for most of them. 

    Richard Baratta did a saltwater christening on his new boat this weekend and then got it bloody. "Hey Willy 
It was great to talk to you and the boys after being away for so long, my wife and I had a great time and were blessed with two beautiful salmon on our new boat. My wife was happy the sea monster got away after destroying all my tackle :(
Richard"  Nice fish and nice boat, Richard.


No comments: