Tuesday, June 19, 2018

    How about salmon out in 200 feet of water? That's only about halfway to where people were fishing on Sunday and Monday. These fish were caught at about 80' OTW, about where the krill is showing. Dan Riffle and crew were forced off the salmon grounds by 1:00 PM by the wind, but that was enough time to fill their crab pots. Yes, the Dungeness are apparently showing up in the outer bay, just in time for the season to end in twelve days.

   I am aware of only one halibut caught today, but Wayne Puroy of Lodi caught a good one. This 20 pounder bit a dead, previously frozen anchovy near Hog Island. The dead bait has been outfishing the live bait (not counting the live anchovies) so far this year, but I don't think the shiner perch should stop being worried. 

7 comments:

ab fish said...

Sorry I stutter

ab fish said...

Dick move!! Catching 50 salmon and not responding on the radio. We got ours but it was a grind.

G Rothhaupt said...

Hey Dan long time no see. Nice catch man! Headed down there on the 29th/30th. Got blown out 4 days straight 2 weeks ago. Hoping for the best on the coming trip.

SPACE INVADER said...

BLAB FISH

Zack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zack said...

What is your deal with you and Rick not answering the radio? He makes a living on trade secrets and being a step ahead of the rest of the fleet. If I was you I would be more proud of the fish you “ground” out then I would be of chasing a radio bite you seemed so determined to find.

Rif’s Raft said...

Hey Greg it’s Dan, call me, I lost your number.