Wednesday, April 18, 2018

     No pictures from the rockfish opener here, probably because nobody in Tomales Bay was willing to try crossing the bar with the 9 to 12 foot swell. No wonder the crabs are so hungry. Not so hungry that people are limiting out but there's a few getting caught. Gage showed me a picture of a halibut caught by a kayaker fishing in the bay (Matt Shapiro, send me a picture!) but I have no other info on it. The weekend weather forecast looks decent for in-the-bay fishing but not too hot for any rockfish pictures.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Willy-
Not worth a picture, but I had 2 shakers and lost a good one trolling deep in the bay on Tuesday from the kayak. Water was 60-61 degrees and there was pinhead bait occasionally splashing the surface. Also saw some jacksmelt around

ab fish said...

DFW just busted these creeps with over 400 crappie. If you see someone raping our resources text tip411 to report them.

Willy Vogler said...

I believe that this is what ab fish if referring to: https://cdfgnews.wordpress.com/2018/04/19/plentiful-fishing-for-crappie-proves-tempting-for-poachers/

Willy Vogler said...

Thanks for the info Matt. I like the news about the baitfish.

Fish Kiss said...

ab fish, you are the man! I want to fish with you, one day.