Friday, March 30, 2018

     Ed Parsons was trying his luck for stripers last night. No surf stripers for him but he found a barred perch that took his popper. 


    Here's a perch preparation suggestion. I'm told it was delicious.

   Here's another picture from the past with a pretty good story:"So my son buys this striper boat, motor blows up, he can’t afford to fix it and it sits
So I tow it home and being the nice dad I am I spend thousands and fix the boat in our driveway
So I ask the wife who had never been in the pacific ocean to lets go for a test run
I had only been on charter boats and with a buddy couple times
Boat running good and we drop some lead balls with hoochies and we proceed to limit off bird rock
Awesome day and we are now hooked, hopefully we have some salmon & season this year
Went to Tomales schools with Mike & Chris Lawson

Rick Pozzi"
    As far as other fresh reports, the Dungeness is picking up a bit inside the bay. It's not quite good, but the guys fishing snares have been catching a few from Sand Point. Further inside the bay the surface water has crept up over 60ºF and as that warmth starts to soak in the halibut should be picking up. 

3 comments:

rokefin said...

Good story Rick

Bbq sauce on the perch or did the perch purge?

Willy Vogler said...

I'm told it was a spicy bbq sauce along with salt and pepper.

Browndog said...

Any changes in the clams? Are they safe to eat yet?