Friday, December 15, 2017

    Now that the wind is shutting everything down outside, I can tell you that the rockfish were definitely biting this week. In three hours yesterday we caught limits of rockfish and lingcod and had to return another eight legal lings. Nick Bauer caught the two largest ones at 15 pounds apiece. There were several other boats out working the rocks, mostly near Bird and a few at Elephant Reef. We went a bit further down off of Ten Mile. The crab numbers that I heard were kind of sad (7 pots, 24 hours, 6 Dungeness in outer bay) but there's still some around and you never know when a fresh batch will come strolling into the bay. No surfperch report, as Gage's basketball practice is interfering with his fishing.

6 comments:

rokefin said...

Way to go Nick!!!!


But uhhh a little rough on the eyes....bring Jamie Cooper back to the top;)

Raider2484 said...

GREAT job Nick

Unknown said...

When will folks ever learn not to go in or near the surf at Goat Rock?

ab fish said...

Merry Christmas to the 10% of the fisherman that catch 90% of the fish. I hope the googones are happy with coal and getting skunked every trip out in 2018!

Unknown said...

Dang ab ur grumpy this morning. Merry Christmas to you and I'm glad I'm not part of that 90% googone category you speak of. This weekend will likely be my last time out until salmon season is in full swing. Gotta get Christmas crab and some cod for mine and my buddies family.I gotta say 2017 fishing has been great. Had a hellava good salmon season and the crabbing and rockfishing has been excellent also.

rokefin said...

Amen...gotta love abfish. Was another stellar year but my season got cut short so I left you a few ab. Smoking the last of the salmon now.

Enjoy - lets hope we have another full year of chasing the kings!!