Saturday, September 2, 2017

    Well, I asked for salmon information yesterday and here it is. This one was caught fly fishing near Point Reyes. By fly fishing, I mean that they were fishing in the shade created by the bodies of ten million flies. Jerrie Carter caught this 18 pounder while trolling with Herb Hansen. This was the only bite in two days of fishing, but the flies were so bad that they left soon after landing it. Today we saw no salmon brought in and only a few halibut. The rockfishing was good, at least.

6 comments:

Petaluma Newbie said...

Willy, any idea where the rockfish bite has been hot? I'm going out Monday and I'd love to be able to get on them.

ab fish said...

White meat were chomping early Saturday by the Fort. 1 ling 1 cabezon and 9 big rockies. Trolled for 2 hours nothing. Saw a small fleet off the river wonder if they found the school of the pink ones.

Unknown said...

Head north. Ft Ross Timber cove anywhere along there is excellent rock and lingcod fishing.

Unknown said...

I don't think so ab

Unknown said...

I've been fishing out of the Gate. Can't wait around and waste gas on ghost fish. But I will be out there as soon as that school gets within striking distance.

rokefin said...

Fished Monday just south of Russian River in 240 feet of water and ended up with 2 salmon. I got out there a little late so not sure how the morning bite was, there were numerous commercial guys out there so I figured somebody must have been catching but did not see many nets swinging in the afternoon.