Saturday, September 16, 2017

    Tony and Paul came by to let me know that there are, in fact, a few halibut left down on Ten Mile and that they aren't all little ones. Thanks, guys, I never get tired of being wrong. These were caught on the south end in 60 feet of water, along with a few others and a salmon on another boat. Also, there's still some decent fish in the bay with at least one boat with two fishermen catching three halibut, one on a live smelt and two on live anchovies. It ain't over yet.

4 comments:

One More said...

late report. Headed out past Cordell Tuesday early morning. Ran for 40ish miles and found 61 to 64 deg blue water, beautiful flat seas all day. We fished south west of the bank in the AM and trolled back about ten miles north of the bank before heading in. NOT a single bite!

Willy Vogler said...

Thanks for the report. I still want to go fish there, just less than before. Maybe something's around the drop-off. Maybe I'm a dreamer.

One More said...

Sounds like your assumption of fish hanging off the drop off was correct. I heard a rumor of a bluefin caught on the New Sea Angler on Sunday right where you said they might be.
I've been having a pretty unlucky season as far as putting fish on the boat so doesn't surprise me that i went right past them. The Weather is looking possible at the end of next week hopefully the warm water stays around. Good luck to all.

Willy Vogler said...

Rumors are almost always better than reality. That said, I'm going early next week, weather depending.