Friday, August 18, 2017

    So, I took a little a trip with my boys out to as far as 37º 39' by 123º 33' to scout for albacore. There were some good signs but no biting tuna. 61ºF, clear  blue water, birds picking up bits of bait off the surface and a pod of actively feeding pilot whales were there but no jumpers, smaller dolphins or saury were seen. Inside of the temp break in slightly greenish, 57ºF water there were pods of feeding dolphins, whales, and jumping baitfish. It looked to me like there should be some fish there, and my not catching doesn't mean there isn't any, but it was pretty disappointing. Well, at least I finally got around to changing the fuel in my tank.
    Inshore there were a few salmon caught but it was mostly disappointment there, too. At least the short halibut in the bay were still biting, even though the keepers were still scarce but not absent.

No comments: