Tuesday, July 18, 2017

    The wind kept most of the boats in the bay today. Those that did venture out of the bay ended up at Hog Island a little after everyone else. Everyone I spoke with had halibut but none were big enough for the scale. Lots of missed bites reported, probably, from my experience, from shorties nibbling. I'm not bragging, but  yes, I have a lot of shorty experience.  Shorty fish, for the record. Anyhow, many of the fish bit on drifted dead bait.
     On a separate note, for the record, Captain Jeff on the Miss Anita is a fish catcher. Some guys have said some crappy things in the comments but my experience and what I hear from his clients is all good. If I'm fishing somewhere and he shows up it makes me feel like I must know what I'm doing. Just saying, you want to beat up on a guy that's outfishing you, do it someplace else, cause from here on out I'm deleting those comments. The internet is huge. Be a di(troll)ck elsewhere.

3 comments:

sonomagerman said...

Well said Willy. Jeff is a good guy and fisherman

ab fish said...

Amen, miss anita is a highliner! 100% if I see mrs. Anita I know I'm in a good spot.
On another note I hope those yuppies oysters taste a little sweeter our thoughts go out to the man's family

Capn Al said...

Just to add. If you see Miss Anita and or New Sea Angler, try dropping a line, you may be pleasantly surprised what you get. Just saying.