Friday, July 7, 2017

    I was away for a week, but my son Cameron filled in for me. In my absence the salmon arrived, even though the weather wasn't quite the best. Some of those that braved the wind brought home some nice fish. This photo and report was submitted by "Raul Duke": "275 feet of water, west of Tomales point, 120 feet otw, cable baiter with anchovy"

      Tim Lewis caught a 27 pound salmon on July 4th to go with his nice halibut from the 2nd.

     Today Mason Lessard's boat brought in another 27 pound halibut. He seems to be stuck at 27. There's worse problems, I believe.

   Here's a picture sent in from Richard Baratta on the 4th of July:"Hey Willy
Had a chance to go fishing the other day, choose San Francisco Bay because the Tomales Bay wind was like blowing hard. Caught the big one! It must have been on vacation from Alaska ha ha what comes to California stays in California.
Richard" This fish weighed 40 pounds. Very nice fish, sir.

    Speaking of Alaska (thanks for the segue, Richard) I went there last week. I had a good time and watched some nice fish get caught by some good friends. Turns out I'm a heck of a cheerleader. More local reports to follow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They boys look great in the photo. As happy as a clam.

Tomales Outlaw said...

Crew of Tomales Outlaw was out on the 7th. Ocean was angry with a really bad cross swell and curling wind waves. Came back into the bay and fished with the fleet (14 boats around Hog) for not a scratch. Saw and heard of nothing caught and had a real hard time making bait.

Outlaw