Monday, July 17, 2017

    How about that wind, eh? No takers on the ocean today. There was one camper that lost their drone when the wind blew it away, so probably not a good day to use your drone to spot stripers in the surf. As luck would have it, there are some stripers still back by Hog Island so you can keep your drone safe.
    This 20.5 pound striper was caught by Dan Riffle of Grass Valley on live bait near the weather buoy at Pelican Point. 

     Also eating live bait was this 30 pound halibut, caught by Greg Wuden of Sacramento. As I understand it, it was also near Hog Island when it decided to eat the wrong fish.

    Raul Duke sent in this report from yesterday:"Melissa caught 3 keeper flatties, Kevin and I watched the magic happen.  Behind Hog Island drifting live jack smelt."

1 comment:

K2 Subculture said...

WOAH WOAH! That is one huge fish. I bet that wasnt easy to catch. I used to go fishing with my granddad. Your posts remind me of the good ol' times.