Friday, May 19, 2017

I was informed today that the salmon smolts that were originally planned to be released in Bodega Bay are now going to be released at Fort Baker in San Francisco Bay. I guess that since many thousands of salmon come through that area to the ocean it makes it more difficult to fight their release. Honestly, I kind of don't care, so long as our chances of successful fishing trips go up. And a quarter of a million more chances seems like pretty good odds of that. Don't forget, it's our job as good stewards to catch those fish so that they can't go to the creek that some people think would be wrong. Thanks for the bonus fish, Golden Gate Salmon Association.
     No halibut landed here since early in the week. This weekend there will be quite a few boats out trying, so I hope to post a few photos. There's a reasonable chance for a salmon this weekend, too. Beautiful weather forecast on more upwelling than necessary should make for a decent shot at a king if you can find some bait.

1 comment:

essay best said...

I am sorrry im new here on this blog, and this post does not really make sense to me. May you can elaborate a bit more about this post? Thanks.