Sunday, September 25, 2016

      For the record, my posts this week have been accurate and up to date. Nothing happened except for wind. Saturday, the weather got better but not the fishing. Some rockfish came in, and lots of bait fish were seen, but no salmon or halibut landed here. Today, Vern Sasaki caught a limit of salmon, one from 160 feet of water off of Tomales Point, and one from 30 feet of water on McClure's. Lots of bait around, but not too many fish. Now that the wind has passed I think we'll see the salmon pick back up as the ocean settles back down. I hope. I also hope that all the whispers about bluefin are true. Weather permitting I'll be taking the boys and wife out to Cordell on Thursday. Live mackerel are kind of hard to come by this year, so lures will have to do it. I heard that the GT Style was out scouting for macks today, so someone else thinks that there may be some truth to the rumors. I hope we're right and the weather allows a run. I need nice weather for chasing wild geese.

4 comments:

Tomales Outlaw said...

Looking forward to the tuna report.

Outlaw

G Rothhaupt said...

Willie we caught some mackerel south of Hog on Saturday. We were drift fishing for halibut and working the sabiki at the same time.

Anonymous said...

That reminds of when I was drifting for Halibut, and two mackerel hit my sabiki, ran with it, got around my halibut line, WHAT A MESS!!! never did salvage the sabiki, had to cut it all a way from my main gear.

Mcx Recommendations said...

everything nicely explained by you.. i really like your posts


Crude Oil Best Tips Provider