Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Now, I don't get out to the delta to fish, so for me, a striper is a big deal. I realize that for guys that live neat the delta, catching stripers is like catching shiners from the pier. So, you guys can look elsewhere today. For anybody else, check out these reports that were sent in today:


     Carson Riley sent in this one:"Took advantage of the low winds after the holiday and drifted around the bay for a couple of fish.  Carson's first halibut and Jordan's biggest striper (released).  Thanks for the reports!"

     Rick Murphy sent in this to the point report "42” 30# striper, south of hog today, wed 7/6" Now, when fishing in the bay, these aren't the bass I'd normally be looking for, but I surely wouldn't be disappointed to land one. I know that a good person lets the big females go to make more babies and I'd like to think that I'm a good person, but honestly, the poor fish might die from getting dried out by the time I can talk myself into a release of a fish like these. I want to catch one, but I don't want the moral dilemma. Then again, the way I've been fishing, I'll be safe from any temptation. 
     There were at least two halibut caught on jigs by Hog Island today, as well as a nice 14 pounder caught on a dead mackerel. I had some halibut from Bodega Bay for dinner tonight, and it was so good I'm going to have to give it a shot myself tomorrow. Leave a 21' long spot open for me by the weather buoy, I'm coming out.

No comments: