Friday, July 29, 2016

      First, a photo and report from Wednesday, sent by Tony Alcocer:"Headed out for Salmon off Tomales point this morning. It was rougher then what we like but gave it a try. At one point both my brother and I both gave in to the rough sea's and did some "chumming", Heck my dog even got sick. (really) So, we headed in for some Halibut fishing. On our "last drift" (really) of the day my brother hooked this...see attached photo. Got it on a live Mackerel, south of Hog Island."

     Lou Gumm caught these salmon yesterday while fishing with R. Duke. They were fishing off of Tomales Point and the fish bit a watermelon Apex. The boat ended up with three salmon aboard for the day. A few guys limited yesterday, but mostly the radio was full of sadness. I took a skunk for the day myself. I watched a guy troll by me, hook and land a salmon, rebait and hook a second fish while dropping back in. Actually, he just did it again as I sit here writing this. Mike Gonzales just pulled out his boat with a limit of salmon, including a 24 pounder. Both days he was in 180 feet of water, yesterday off of Elephant, today off of the Trees. Green Krippled Anchovy with a green #0 dodger is what worked. For him.

3 comments:

ab fish said...

Any word on the bite off the river or ft rosd

ab fish said...

Any word on the bite off the river or ft rosd

Anonymous said...

Went to the river yesterday, seen a few netted I only landed one after fishing 8 hours. lost 3