Friday, October 9, 2015

    There was an early sea bass bite yesterday and we caught the tail end of it with Alec Bennett's 34 pounder. At high tide (about 10:00 AM yesterday) the halibut bit and we saw over a dozen caught in 45 minutes in 90 to 100 feet of water. Half of our fish bit frozen squid and two halibut ate live mackerel. I didn't hear of any salmon reports yesterday and there was mixed success on rockfish.

   I had to include this picture of Alec. I'm not sure which of these two has the more pained expression, and one of them has a piece of steel stuck in his side. You make the call.
   Kurt Monser had a good day on Wednesday and emailed me this report:

Because of your blog on Tuesday Elephant rock was packed with boats so we went down south of there.
We got bit hard and fast Wednesday morning at the north end of 10 mile just south of the key holes. Pulled in to WSB 26 & 36 and 2 halibut going 10 & 28 pounds. all between 9:30 and 11:30. So the sun on the water theory didn't hold up this time.

Sorry about the boat traffic, and the WSB can bite all day, it just a better chance for multiples at first and last light. I wish I got an earlier start yesterday, as there were several landed before I got there. Anyway, here's the photographic evidence of his day:




No comments: