Thursday, October 1, 2015


My wife let me catch this one today.  42 pounds, frozen squid,  100 feet of water off of the Keyholes. That's a smile, if you couldn't tell. Some of the other boats in the area had WSB although too many boats in the area is slowing the action. Halibut have been caught in the same area and are apparently less boat shy. If you go, please be quiet and courteous to the boats around you. Do not race through the boats. Do not crowd the other guys. Hey, you know what? These are good rules for all of the time. I've heard that Bodega and Tomales Bays have reputations for rude fishermen. Maybe we can change that. Catching more fish and not being a dick seems like win-win.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job go team Volger hope to see you all soon Sea NymphO

Tomales Outlaw said...

Congrats!! Finally a WSB for you.

Outlaw

Roostahh27@gmail said...

Great advice! and CONGRATULATIONS!!

Willy Vogler said...

Thank you. It just goes to show that a combination of perseverance and whining can pay off.

Tomales Outlaw said...

I need to whine more.

Outlaw

Unknown said...

its called sacramento fever

Anonymous said...

Nice Fish Willy! Have a good winter, I don't see myself getting down there again this year, ended up with 4 Halibut with five trips out, not bad. I 'll be using Doran Beach facilities to do crabbing, I can get out a little easier in my small boat. See you next year.

-Scott
From Auburn

Unknown said...

shhhhhhhhhh....theres no seabass out there ;)