Saturday, September 26, 2015

The salmon and halibut bite has slowed to a trickle this week, but at least there's still stripers to be had in the surf. No guarantees, of course, but there's been a few stripers landed almost every day. Poppers and iron are the tools of choice. On the water, rockfish has been the best bet, although there are still squid around so there may be a chance for sea bass. I tried for WSB on Thursday, along with a bunch of other people. I saw one guy hook a double and land neither. I also saw several boats pull into a pile of birds eating a ball of squid at the surface and net some squid right next to a guy that was fishing said ball of squid. I think that qualifies as a "dick move". So did the guy fishing there. I left and went rockfishing, which was very good and very peaceful.

No comments: