Saturday, June 27, 2015

If anyone can tell me what kind of fish Rodney Gladney is holding I'd sure appreciate it. I'm familiar with the halibut, having seen other people catch them, but the fish on the left stumped me. Could that be a salmon he caught on Ten Mile? You be the judge.

Kapulani Chong and his buddy picked up a halibut in the middle of the sea of boats by Hog Island.

Robert Rath and Tim Lewis show off their catch, also from Hog Island. There was a lot of competition for the halibut in a pretty small area, but these guys did it again. 
    There were several quick limits of Dungeness caught today, a couple in the bay and rest outside. The report from the Keyholes was that their pots were plugged with large, clean crab. Don't worry, if you didn't get them today they'll be that much bigger in November. A mostly slow pick for rockfish a few guys did well further afield. Point Reyes and Fort Ross were kind to the fishermen that didn't mind making the run. The surfperch are also biting pretty well on the oceanfront beach. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK I'll bite, I think that fish in the first pic may be a hake?