Monday, May 25, 2015

A few salmon landed here today, finally, up to 16 pounds. Most boats went without, and I only heard of a one boat with more than one, but still, salmon.  Even better, the fish came from from 140 to 160 feet of water and from Abbott's Lagoon to Tomales Point. Lots of schools of bait. The 16 pounder bit a watermelon Apex, but I didn't get the scoop on any of the rest. The guys that went rockfishing did well but going deeper than 120 feet meant returning a lot of canaries. I thought I might get to see my first halibut of the season this past weekend but alas, it didn't make it into the boat. Crabbing was slow but I saw a few Dungeness headed for boiling water. The guys that did best this weekend were the Fish and Wildlife officers. I didn't see them today but I assume that they were home, icing their writing hands.

No comments: