Friday, September 12, 2014

Moochers picked up some salmon from McClure's to Bird in the last few days. Elephant Rock and Abbott's had a few as well. It is definitely winding down but still doable. Halibut fishing was slow in the bay but a few are coming from McClure's and Ten Mile.  Helmuth Himmrich caught a 30 pound flatty on McClure's yesterday.  I put three in the boat about a mile this side of Abbott's in 30 to 65 feet of water. We drifted live mackerel and mackerel scad and lost two other halibut. The mackerel schools are plentiful on Ten Mile. Good thing, because the big Dungeness crabs will eat most of your bait. Our bites were 4 to 1 crabs. I'm sure that the crab will be gone by November, but so will the halibut.  Rockfishing was good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Willy,

Those are nice, I am going to come down on the 22nd and give it a try, will most likely stay in the bay, not comfortable taking my 14 ft valco out in the ocean (yet) lol. Hopefully I will run into a school of bait fish out there. I'll try for some perch off the pier first though.

-Scott from Auburn

Anonymous said...

Yo! Something fishy about those two guys, I thought they just drove tractors and gave advice. I did know they could catch FISH! ha ha
Richard