Thursday, December 5, 2013

This 19 pound lingcod came from the reef off of the Towers today, along with six other lings and 50 rockfish. There were a lot less commercial crab pots off of Ten Mile, probably because there are a lot less crab there. After four hours we caught four Dungeness in eight pots. I think I might try a different spot next time. I heard that it slowed down in the bay and even from the pier as well. The weather looks good for Sunday if you can dress warm enough. I was concerned that my hands would be too numb to fish today but luckily the wind eased up and it warmed up. As I write this, though, my fingers still feel like I hit them with a hammer this morning.

4 comments:

ab fish said...

nice ling but my 30 pounder was better 39 incher any word on the 45 pounder caught by a party boat on Wednesday not to mention the one I lost was at least 48 inch

Anonymous said...

So I called Bodega Sportfishing to find out where they caught the 45 pounder and they said the only way to know where they caught it is to go on there charter tomorrow thanks but no thanks I get my own fish

Anonymous said...

sounds like a radio fish just to drum up some business!

Anonymous said...

That ling is next to the 50lb salmos and 12 inch AB