Friday, December 13, 2013

The crabbing has slowed down to a point where day fishing will only produce a few if you're lucky and overnight soaking will produce some for whoever pulls the pot first. The outer bay has been a great place to get pirated. (UPDATE: An intrepid pair of fishermen limited on Dungeness while day fishing the outer bay. Maybe the trick is to not go crabbing with me. They also limited on rockcod.) Marker 5 had five Dungeness for a day fisher on Tuesday which worked out to less than one per pot. Still, more than I caught on Ten Mile last week. The day I caught four some fellows caught twelve on the pier, but those catch numbers have slid to ones and zeroes since then. There have been some beautiful big blacks caught close by the mouth of the bay this week along with some decent lings. I have no knowledge of any recent big lingcod but I did hear that some of the commercial crab pots near Point Reyes had baby octopus in them. I'm headed that way tomorrow with my ling gear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your son is feeling better!

Willy Vogler said...

The wee man is feeling better but mad that he didn't go fishing.

Anonymous said...

A healthy response!