Thursday, November 21, 2013






I put six pots down on Ten Mile today and three in the outer bay. After four hours, Ten Mile had 22 Dungeness for us but only three from the other pots. The lings were still biting well and we returned a half dozen keepers (intentionally, not the usual way I return them) while trying to fill our limits of rockfish. We finished out our limits on nice-sized blues at Elephant in 100 feet of water. It would appear that the north end of the beach is played out as most of the commercial pots are avoiding the area between Abbott's Lagoon and the Keyholes. The Towers had a good grade of crab but you have to place your pots carefully to keep them out of the strings of commercial gear. After tomorrow morning the weather looks good for a while. The pier has actually had a bit of decent action with a couple guys going home with four or five Dungeness in the last few days. Not everybody did that well, but there were a few.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do you consider 10 mile? Is that inside the bay?

Anonymous said...

Ya right past hearts desire

Willy Vogler said...

Ten Mile is the ten mile long beach north of Point Reyes. Here's a link to my post with a map of some of the local place names: http://fishlawsons.blogspot.com/2013/07/fishing-spot-names-revisited.html

Anonymous said...

so no, 10 mile is not inside the bay.? I have been crabbing in tomalas bay for few years now and do pretty good but not great. My boat is only 16 ft so I don't go outside of the bay unless its really calm, but I don't want to set pots out there because if the weather changes I don't want to have to leave my pots out there for days on end and not know when I can get back to get them. Besides the usual marker 5, where are some other good crabbing spots inside the bay, Im also going to start fishing in the bay, where are the shark?