Thursday, November 29, 2012

Drake's Bay Oyster Company has lost its lease and its battle to stay open. They have 90 days to remove their operation. If I were a rancher in the Park I'd be pretty nervous. As someone that fishes off of the National Seashore I'm still pretty nervous. The people that pushed that agenda don't much like fishermen and hunters and now they have more free time.
    Update: Here's a link to a new petition to sign to maybe help, or maybe just to register your dissatisfaction. It's petitioning the White House, for what it's worth.  

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

there goes my favorite oyster co...

trevor said...

I bet the anti outdooRsman voted for obama this is what sucks about democracy everyones opinion maTters bs my way or the highway drakes bay should stay what are the fines in relation to 8 million oyster why this had to go to the fed ludicris

urs merz said...

I believe the oyster bed supportet
more healthy marine live then a natural estuary.I do not understand the managing resource policy anymore.Fisherman from cazadero,Urs

oldyeller said...

A sad day indeed :(

trevor said...

Saturday good tides lite rain lite wind got 18 crab in 7 pots 1.5 hour soak with some goin 7 inches don't know if this runoff will push the crab out of the bay but I am going sturgeon fishin Soon

Anonymous said...

They bought this business knowing full well that the lease would expire in 2012, and they would be out. "Common Sense"

Anonymous said...

they knew lease would run out its tax payers bay

Anonymous said...

I guess the renewal clause in a government contract is only for decoration.

Anonymous said...

Sad days when the few dictate the mass.
Keep fishing and hunting. If things do go down we will be full and the do gooders wont lol.