Monday, April 16, 2012

It's pretty slow crabbing when Randy from Carson City spends a week here to catch only 27 Dungeness. He caught that many last year in one pull from the pier. Other people caught crab too, but not as many as Randy. I did hear about a group of divers that had 16 abalone this past week. I guess that means that there are still quite a few out there, even after the red tide. It also means that I should remind everyone that the limit is three abalone. No matter how many times you go diving during your stay, each person may still only have three abalone in possession, not three per day. Fish and Game have been here and written tickets for this specific law. There are a lot of rules regarding abalone and it pays to know them all.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Could you please provide a reference to anything that tells how to fish Tomales Bay for the various fish that use the bay from time to time or permanently? I just can't seem to find a good fishing guide book for the Bay. Thank you.

PS: Grandson and I got 14 crab yesterday. A surprisingly good day for us.

John from Petaluma

Willy Vogler said...

I haven't found the right book, either, but I thought Tom Stientra's "California Fishing" had a few good points, as well as "Saltwater Fishing in California" by Ron Kovach. "San Francisco Bay Areas Fishing Guide" by Ray Rychnovsky looks promising but I haven't read it. Best is a subscription to Pacific Coast Sportfishing magazine. They have quite a bit of good info.

Amy said...

Thank you sir. I do so appreciate your blog and your sharing of your obvious love of the outdoors.

JfP