Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The crab bite is slowing down out in the ocean. Yesterday's totals from the four boats that went out, each with two guys, ranged from limits of mostly sport-legal crab on the high side to a low of four. Ten Mile had crab for me last weekend but only barely. We averaged 6 crabs per pot for seven pots on a three-hour soak. The rockfishing was good and we limited out while we waited for the crabs. Some of the best results were off the pier yesterday with at least two people catching limits and the others catching dinner. The early crabber today had three Dungeness by 8AM. Your results may vary, but these midweek pier guys are doing as well or better than the boaters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there a link for the current and tides forecast you could share?
Currents are most important for me since I mostly snare from the beach.
Thank you

Jack said...

This is good to know! I was planning on going crabbing with a few of my fishing friends who work for a local fishing company and now I can let them know about this too! Thanks!